Implementing Facilitation Principles

Home Forums Teaching on the Run Implementing Facilitation Principles

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Fiona LAke 4 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Anne Kimberley

Over the years as I reflect on my interaction with learners and contribution to their learning outcomes, I definitely recognise that I will not have all the answers/content, but guiding them to think about how they can develop their own knowledge base is a generic skill they can take away. Discussing how learning is so different for individuals has enlightened my groups to reflect on how they can better support learners in the clinical area by adapting their teaching style.  As facilitator sometimes its hard not to ‘give’ them your experiences and step back and let them work it all out on their own journey!

Fiona LAke

I agree the important thing is to be flexible which means you have to “read” the student – in the clinical setting where I work there are lots of other people around, activities and so forth the student/learner can access.  If they are not around (turn up late etc) they need much more direction than others, more observation and feedback whereas you know the others are generating their own experiences.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Reply To: Implementing Facilitation Principles
Your information:

<a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>